March 12 - Still in Swakopmund


Advertisement
Namibia's flag
Africa » Namibia » Swakopmund
March 12th 2009
Published: March 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone,

Well not that much has happened in the last day or so, doesnt mean we havn't been having lots of fun though! Yesterday we all went sandboarding which was just so much fun. Really have not done anything that fun ever. They picked us up from the campsite at around 9:30 then headed straight for the dunes. the instructors were such good fun and we were also with another british couple who were very friendly. The boarding was fantastic! - we climbed to the very top of these huge dunes and thengot placed (lying down) on these boards..then..we went! I cant begin to describe the feeling i got in my stomach as i raced down these incredibly large dunes at 70km/h!! Nicola, you would have absolutely loved it! A video also came included with the days activity (a guy filmed us going down etc) so iv been given a hilarious video of us all boarding that morning - as always alex reynolds managed to pull the most bizarre facial expressions!!

Anyway last night was also great. we bumped into this british girl from croydon, also our age, who was travelling by herself so we asked her to join us for dinner and some drinks after. she was so much fun and we all got on really well - it was nice to talk to some different people too. we went to the Gruner Kranz bar (most popular in town) and laughed the night away until about 2 in the morning!! I can now say i have experienced night life in Africa ha ha!! It was great - i am exhausted now though!!

In case you dont know im really happy because i got an email yesterday from Kings College saying that they want me!! What a relief..one offer that i want under m,y belt - mummy im not a complete failure child after all!!

Will write before leaving swakopmund...Hope everyone is well..missing you all..only two weeks left!

XX

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb