Namibia March 15, 2008


Advertisement
Namibia's flag
Africa » Namibia » Okahandja
March 15th 2008
Published: March 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Craig and I ate breakfest at the mall before driving 3.5 hours north to the Frans Indongo lodge (in the middle of no where). Drove 17k down a dirt road to the lodge/game farm off of the main highway. LOTS of property where we are. The lodge has 170 square kilos of propert with many different species of animals. Did a 1.5 hour hike from 2pm to 3:30pm to a small mountain, had a nice view of the area from up top. Took a dip in the pool and relaxed for a while. Went on a game drive from 5 to 7pm. Rode in the noisiest possible truck, still saw many animals. The only thing that would have made it noisyer is if the drive honked the horn as he drive. The highlight was seeing 2 enormus white rhinos, about 75 feet off the road. The driver did not see them, I yelled STOP and he did. One of them posed for pictures for about a minute before moving away to relieve himself, what a site! It is very rare to see them, there are only 7 on the property, we were very lucky. Dinner was at 7:30pm, Oryx was on the menu, we saw several on the game drive. The meal was very well presented, the staff delivers the plates covered by a dome, they count to 3 in their native language then remove the domes and we all say woooow. A very nice dinner. As far as I can see, there are only 3 groups staying here, us, 4 others and a family of 6. There is a raised deck overlooking a large field with a watering hole that is lit up at night. Saw two camels during the day also. So far, I can not find anything wrong with this place. The dinning area is very open as are most of these places. There are really no bugs to keep out, except for the moths that fly around and add to the ambiance. They actually give you covers for your drinks so the moths don't fly into them. Finished the meal off with a very nice desert and a nice glass of red wine. Dinner for two, breakfest and the night for $187. What a nice place! Is everyone drooling now? It is 9:17pm. I will report in tomorrow from my guest house.

Take care, Dave.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.189s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1583s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb