Namibia 2016 Day 2


Advertisement
Namibia's flag
Africa » Namibia » Kalahari
August 3rd 2016
Published: August 3rd 2016
Edit Blog Post

Our first day on the road today, just a short hop south down the B1; tar roads apart from the approach to the Lodge so we made good progress. Whilst the tar roads are great for getting where you are going the journey can be monotonous as the chances to stop are few and far between and apart from the odd troop of baboons the wildlife is scarce.

Red Dunes Lodge is our home for the night and this afternoon after a laze around outside watching the bird life, we went on a game drive around the park. There was plenty to see: ostrich, springbok, kudu, wildebeest, eland, steenbok, oryx, ground squirrels and birds but unfortunately no meerkats which is something we were hoping to see this time.

After the obligatory sundowners the temperature dropped like a stone and it was a freezing journey back to the lodge.

We are now sitting in front of the roaring fire in the main lodge, after walking under the stars and having a nice cold beer whilst waiting for our food.

Tomorrow we head off deep into the Kalahari desert and over the border into South Africa. We know there's no WiFi or mobile phone signal and we will have to stop off on the way to get water and fuel for our stay.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 19; qc: 78; dbt: 0.0835s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb