Northern Namibia


Advertisement
Namibia's flag
Africa » Namibia » Etosha National Park
April 7th 2009
Published: April 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Etosha
We left Swakopmund Saturday, after a variety of incidents. I was laid low for a few days, but was pretty good to go and, oither than tiredness--the pills took everything out of me--I was fine. Now I'm nearly 100%. After a stop at Spitzkoppe to view amazing rock formations , we travelled on to Etosha, one of the world's premier game parts. Two nights there, several game drives, and we had an amazing success story to tell. Thousands of springboks, zebras and impalas, probably a hundred giraffes, hundreds of wildebeests, about a dozen lions, in two visits, several hyenas, jackals, mongeese, gemsbok and one black rhino. It was amazing!

We're now on our way to the bush people to spend a night away from civilization.

Because of all the rain, we can't cross the Caprivi strip, so our tour has been ammended. We go all the way around the Okavanga Delta, probably get a flight over it, spend an extra day there, butm sacrifice one at CHobe National Park, then detour through Zimbabwe to get to Victoria Falls. Really looking forward to it.

Got to go--a short stop and others need the internet.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

The watering holeThe watering hole
The watering hole

This was a magical place, where a variety of animals all took their turn over a 45-min. span. Move over David Attenborough.
Etosha game driveEtosha game drive
Etosha game drive

We saw a lot of giraffes along the road.


Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0201s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb