Namibia Day 14


Advertisement
Namibia's flag
Africa » Namibia » Erongo
August 18th 2012
Published: August 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Well getting towards the end of our Namibian adventure now, only two nights left before we leave to return to reality. Yesterday we saw a sign outside another lodge with signs pointing in various directions to places, we are closer to the South Pole, and Rio de-Janeirio than we are to home.

Anyway today has really been a bit of a day of rest, we rose early this morning and went on the 6am nature walk for three hours. I can tell you that at 6am it is cold here in the mountains but the views as the sun rose were fantastic as we climbed over the granite boulders to the edge of the volcanic crater, along the way we were able to see all sorts of bird life as well as kudo and the dassies which are all around this mountain.

We returned for breakfast where we were able to spot more bird life including love birds that live here in the wild. Other than a trip into the local town this afternoon we have done very little but read and soak up the atmosphere of this mountain camp.

I am sitting on the terrace of our tent as the sun goes down on our (nearly) last sunset as the one tomorrow in Windhoek will not be as spectacular as the ones out in the bush.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 18; qc: 77; dbt: 0.0864s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb