Little Known Facts About Mauritius


Advertisement
Mauritius' flag
Africa » Mauritius
April 16th 2014
Published: April 16th 2014
Edit Blog Post

A gorgeous island in the Indian Ocean, Mauritius is a favoured destination with wedding honeymoon planners. There is lots of information about honeymooning in Mauritius on honeymoon planning sites, for example http://www.hitched.co.uk/honeymoon/mauritius/, however here is a quick article outlining why Mauritius is such a gem when it comes to romantic getaways.


A quick outline



Mauritius is a small island of only 2000 square miles, it creates a community focused culture which adds hightended charm to the island.

The tropical paradise features 330 kilometres of pristeen coastline embedded with flourishing coral reefs, perfect for lounging around on in the 30 degrees celcius heat (average high temperature for peak season).


Things to do in Mauritius



When in Mauritius, you have to make sure that you try out the street food. This way you get a real feel of the local cuisine.



Unlike other holiday destinations where you’re encouraged to stay away from street food - Mauritius is famous for its street cuisine and the street food and it is said to be the world’s best as it mixes French cuisine and Indian spices.



The expansion of coastline crusted with populated coral reefs makes Mauritius a go-to destination for snorkelling - get involved with this on your honeymoon.



Or, if you want to get even more closer to the colourful array of fish, why not do an underwater seabed walk? Wearing a special suit, you can walk along the sea bed and interact with the tropical fish down at their level and explore their natural habitat.



In addition to this, there is a whole host of other water sports to get involved with, such as kite surfing and deep sea diving.




Soak in the local culture



The blend of French and local African culture means that Mauritius is rich and diverse and therefore whilst on your honeymoon it would be a waste to not dive into the culture.



Mauritius is often hyped for the friendliness of the local people that habitat the tropical oasis, as one of the main languages is English many of the locals will understand you and are more than happy to engage in conversation about the island.



Take a walk through the sugar cane fields to unlock the history of the island - this was and still is one of the main exports of the country and the timid walk ways through the long crane fields allow you to submerge yourself in Mauritian history.


Nature reserves are bountiful



Explore the local wildlife and get some hands-on action with meet and greets at Mauritius’ nature reserves.



The turtles, crocodiles and big cats are all allowed to roam in peace in the island’s human nature reserves and most even allow you to get up close and personal which allows for some great honeymoon experiences to share with your new husband and wife.


Detoxing in the capital





Amongst the rich culture and wildlife, you can head over to the island’s capital Port Louis and visit the modern and high end shopping complexes to shop in the malls and wind down at the spas which allow you to rest your feet after exploring the island.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0569s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb