Fish eagles and awesome sunrises


Advertisement
Malawi's flag
Africa » Malawi
October 6th 2005
Published: November 1st 2005
Edit Blog Post

Our last stop in Malawi and it is a beautiful one. Selima campsite is in the grounds of the lovely Meridian hotel. Lunch of bacon cheeseburgers was had on the veranda, they were awesome! After lunch and a bit of a rest we retired to the lake for a game of impromptu water volleyball (sort of), even Charmaine joined in! Darren stayed in the lake with Mark watching the Kingfishers dive into the lake around them as Charmaine had a shower and beautified herself. The sunset was lovely; this has to be one of the nicest places we’ve stayed.
After much insistence by Charlie during our BBQ that night, we went to bed early, ready for the awesome sunrise the next morning.
The wind woke Darren up at 4am, it was blowing a gale. Charmaine stayed in bed as Darren checked that it wasn’t going to rain and that we weren’t going to get blown away. Charmaine stayed in bed as Darren sat outside contemplating life waiting for the sunrise. Charmaine joined Darren as did a few more early birds to witness a glorious sunrise, and numerous Fish eagles going about their business. After which Charmaine and the others went back to bed and Darren braved the now turbulent waters of Lake Malawi for a refreshing and amazingly revitalising dip.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 67; dbt: 0.0545s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb