The Bike


Advertisement
Malawi's flag
Africa » Malawi » Central » Lilongwe
July 16th 2007
Published: July 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Almost forgot... we got Mr. Blessings a bike. He is one of the house workers mentioned a few posts back. 2 hours walking to work in the morning, 2 hours home at night. The guy needed a bike.

So, off we went bike shopping. Katie very casually found out that his favorite color was green, and the first bike store we popped into had one really nice green one at the exact bottom figure of the reasonable price range we had established earlier. A pretty good one, too. No gears, so it should be really easy to maintain, and it has a dynamo-powered light on the front for safety at night. We brought it home and surprised him.

He was too overwhelmed to say much, but then again, "God is a good God" was pretty much all he needed to say. Now his commute only takes 20 minutes each way, freeing up time that he has told us he will spend with his 5 kids and reading his Bible.

Indeed, God, you are a good God.

Advertisement



17th July 2007

This made me feel all warm and fuzzy :) I'm glad your trip is going so well; JP and I send love!
18th July 2007

bike
Hey BEN, hope you are not losing too much weight. Did you show Mr. Blessing how to ride with no hands and do wheelies ? also , Punkin said to tell you she loves you and wants to know why you haven,t been by to see her. Everybody in the family is reading your notes. Have fun we miss you.

Tot: 0.31s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.2602s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb