More Rhinos


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya
February 19th 2020
Published: February 19th 2020
Edit Blog Post

We got up in a more relaxed fashion enjoying the “luxury” of our hotel and had breakfast which included a full fry up and the boys ate well. We then enjoyed the sauna, steam room but were not allowed to use the swimming pool at 1030am as that is when they clean it. It is fair to say customer service isn’t something they had nailed, we sat down for dinner the previous night at 1830 as they requested and dinner was served around 1930 with starters served after main course.

Anyway after a good wash and re-packing Nelly we got on the road to head to Lake Nakuru National park. Once in we had amazing collections of Buffalo, impala and Zebra (some at very close quarters). We got down to the lake edge and saw hundreds of birds and buffalo, what we missed unfortunately were the Rhino dispersed amongst the Buffalo in the distance. So we headed on and ended up finding a Lion sleeping perched on a rock but no Rhino.

After lunch amongst a group of Zebra we headed back to the lake front as a guide suggested we would see Rhino there and we were not disappointed. We saw 6 in the distance and patiently waited around ½ an hour and they all pretty much walked in front of us including a baby. Even the boys agreed that was a pretty special privilege.

We then headed to find our campsite in the park only to find a bridge washed out (nobody of course thought to mention it or sign post such a matter). So we had to double back and go round. We ended up at a lovely site near a waterfall. Once again Alain made some running repairs to the dodgy CV boot, it only needs to survive 2 more days before an easy replacement comes out with Toby and Dan.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0567s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb