A trip to the Equator


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya
February 18th 2020
Published: February 18th 2020
Edit Blog Post

We got up at 0630 to go with the Masai to milk their cows, which is a lot harder than I thought. There is definitely a technique that we lacked and to be honest looked a little brutal but they certainly got the milk out. Zac loved it as it was warm, creamy and very sweet. Ben tried it but was less bothered.

We were keen to get on our way but the Masai wouldn’t let us leave without playing their version of a fighting game. We were all given shields (along with about 20 locals) and given foot long lengths of sisal plant (sort of floppy green plant stork) and then split into 2 teams to basically hurl them at one another and defend ourselves with the shields. We had great fun and it all finished with a big dance and shaking hands. All quite a unique experience and hopefully the boys got a sense of the amazing Masai culture.

We then made our way north toward Nakuru with the intention of visiting the Nakuru national park tomorrow, but on the way we headed toward the Equator so the boys could experience it and then onto a lovely resort with a swimming pool.

We managed to get to the Equator and despite being hounded by people selling us any and every souvenir imaginable the boys kept their cool and chose a few things on their own.

We then headed to our “fancy” hotel where we managed a dip in the pool (in an empty hotel) and had a nice relaxing afternoon and evening by the lake.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0744s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb