Work still in Progress


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Western Province » Bungoma
September 4th 2011
Published: September 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Look At her shoesLook At her shoesLook At her shoes

She was the cutest thing!...
Hello Friends and Family~!

I have added photos! ( If you check out the post prior to this one..you can find them if you scroll down) . These photos show the progress of the school building while I was in Kenya, We started with buying property and putting up a fence. Then holes were dug for the posts. After that the wall structure was built. The rafters were nailed in place just before the iron roof was added. After the structure was built we could mud the walls. --- These are the pictures that are included.

However, I wanted to let everyone know...that progress is still happening at St. Elizabeth's! The time span I was in Kenya, was just not enough to do everything we needed. After the mudding that you see in the pictures, there had to be 2 more layers put on the walls before they were complete. The community came together to finish those layers as well. The final layers of mudd help smooth out the walls, and add strenght. After the final layers of mud were dry, the chalk boards could be put on the walls. The chalkboards at the school are made with cement, sand, chalkboard paint. Before leaving beloved Kenya, I made arrangements for desks to be built for the new classrooms. Each desk will hold three children, and ten desks were built. I want to put out a special thank you to Jason - he has helped me so much through this whole process and has continued to complete the work at St. Elizabeth's. He has been keeping me updated on the progress of the school and being the main go-to and communicator in these last projects.

Throughout the entire month of August, the teacher, Guadencia has been attending and finishing her teacher training college.

If you have donated to these projects in Kenya.. I just want to say Thank You so much! Because of your donations and prayers... about 60 more children who can get a great education! God Bless you! -- They are smiling because of you!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0504s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb