35 boys + marshmallows


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Rift Valley Province » Nakuru
March 20th 2011
Published: March 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

There are currently 2-3 Panya (mice) running around my room! They are noisey to say they are so small! Just been watching the Kenyan dance show the boys all love sooo much, so much fun, hugely making me miss dance though!

So we are now into the Long Rains here... its amazing, the view plus the lightening and really heavy rain is just so much fun to watch. Luckily the heavy rain is at night so far. Hilarity on night one of the rain as the ceiling is not so waterproof! Seriously believe Alice's snap call of 'thats good I wanted the top bunk' is being regretted, at the point she needed an umbrella in bed! But room rearranged and me wandering round being terribly British and placing buckets of various shapes, sizes and volumes under the leaks (much to the entertainment of the boys) we seem to have the rain under control!

It has however brought out some big bugs and HUGE ants- seriously NOT a fan!!!!

We brought the boys marshmallows for last night, they toasted them on the fire in the outdoor kitchen. We left Julius (one of the older boys) in charge of organisation- I was ill and being a bit of a whimp and it was to bigger task. Ended up being one of the funniest things ever, whilst the ugali for dinner was cooking the boys, sticks coming from everywhere were toasting away.

Few incidents of the hot sugar/ burnt tounges/ melted marshmallows ALL over hands! But it was so much fun, some very questionable photo's of Alice and I being force fed marshmallows on a stick!

This week sees exams for the kids, we have the fun job of invigilating and marking. I was given the unofficial promotion to exams officer by the head teacher (teacher Alex) after I commented on the old papers not making sense/ having spelling errors. This is apparently common and often the answer sheets are wrong also... fills me with a lot of hope/ there will be no easy marking tasks for us this week.

Obsessed with this place in a BIG way now, still have one more week 😊 but there will be floods of tears before and after I go I can tell. Have never been somewhere where there is so much love and happiness and its genuine, despite all the pasts of each of the boys sat in the other room, I haven't been around people who can cheer me up within 2 minutes of being near them!



Advertisement



23rd March 2011

you guys sound like your having an amazing time!! put pics up so we can start seeing pictures!! where is your next stop? xxx

Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb