a brief update!


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Rift Valley Province » Kajiado
April 2nd 2010
Published: April 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Ok! Currently back in Kitengela! Have popped back for a day to see Alun, seeing as we have a free day in Nairobi.
Since i last made an entry, i have been throught Uganda, Rwanda and back to Kenya!
My favourite trip by far has been the gorillas, and any trip that i do from now on will have to be amazing to beat it! After an hours walk up a mountain (possibly the steepest in the world, if my lack of breath all the way up is anything to go by!) the guides told us that we needed to leave our bags to get closer. The first gorilla i saw was eating in a tree. After a few minutes, it rolled down the roots and landed at our feet, at which point the guide pusghed us back to keep us away. there was also a mother and 6 month old baby.
The best bit was when the silverback appeared. it was huge!! and very scary looking. in the time we watched it, it beat its chest twice, one time beating the ground as well and running at us - Ryan fell into a tree as he tried to move. One of the young males brushed against my leg - so scary!
Saw some amazing scenery in both Uganda and Rwanda. We werent sure, but we think there was some hostility towards us in Rwanda, a fall out of the genocide there. people gestured to us to get away, or gave us the finger, and the kids threw stones and sticks at the truck.
In Uganda, we went to Jinja - others went white water rafting on the nile, while me and three others stayed at the campsite for a girly day - cooked breakfast, a walk to the water to see them come down a rapid, lunch, wine, books and relaxing in the bar! Was a very good day.
We are currently staying in Karen, Nairobi, and are collecting the new people tomorrow - we are all concerned that we will loose our seats on the truck, as we are not there when the new people get on. We are currently thinking of initiation activities for them...!
After collecting them tomorrow, we travel to Tanzania.
Will write more when i have a bit more time, but the trip has been amazing so far!

Advertisement



22nd April 2010

Take care..
Just be sure not to get off the bus at the wrong stop !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tot: 0.277s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0612s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb