Nairobi


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Nairobi Province
October 14th 2011
Published: October 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

nairobi


Day 1- Arrived in Nairobi last night. Finally got food about midnight and then settled into the Stanley Hotel. This is our night of luxury before heading out into the bush!
Point to note- The Stanley is the location of the original Thorn Tree Cafe ( see lonely planet).

Hotel is in the chaotic centre of the city, the number of people that can be crammed onto a minibus is incredible. People are friendly, and there are 15 security guards per hotel guest.

Lonely planet "dangers" section in Nairobi is 4 times longer than the "sites to see" section which tells us something and we wont be heading too far.

Today will primarily be sat by the pool / sauna. And maybe a tusker beer or 5.

Off to sit by the pool and Katie says to to tell Nick the Trusses at Terminal 5 are a sight to see ( although with your track record, i am glad we got out of there with no delays).

Bye for now!
Rich and Katie




Advertisement



14th October 2011

Happy Trails
I can't believe that you could not be out of the country for 24 hours before mocking Nick in a blog. Harsh, even by your standards Brown. Stay safe and have fun.

Tot: 0.703s; Tpl: 0.451s; cc: 7; qc: 47; dbt: 0.2175s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb