A New Year and more...


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Nairobi Province » Nairobi
January 8th 2013
Published: January 8th 2013
Edit Blog Post

JesseJesseJesse

It looks as if Jesse went fishing at a shoe pond and made a great catch!
It is a new crisp winter morning as I sit at my computer. We do not use the word "crisp" much in our Texan winters but I do like the break from the heat.

Who doesn’t like something new? I know I like new! I like the new perfume my husband bought me for Christmas....as well as all of my other gifts. I loved the new experiences my sister in law got to experience on her first trip to America over Christmas. And, I am thankful for a New Year because it means new adventures. My son entered a new stage as he is 90%!p(MISSING)otty trained....and oh how I like this newness of not changing diapers!

Spring Valley Academy children have been thrilled with new things over the holiday season. They got a new water well which means they have fresh, clean water every single day. This is a new experience for 300+ children! They also got new shoes for Christmas donated by our friends at Pinellas Community Church, Florida. For a majority of them, receiving shoes and water has been their best Christmas ever! Are you happy with what you got for Christmas? I am thrilled that
ShoesShoesShoes

Do you stress when it is time to buy your kids new shoes? Does it seem they grow out of them too soon? SVA has alleviated the stress for many parents this school year as they were able to purchase new shoes for every child.
through ITHM we get to give great gifts to so many children who have had such hard lives.

Last year we gave the gift of education to countless children. We gave the gifts of new school uniforms, food, medication, housing and so many other valuable things to those in need. More importantly we gave them Life sustaining gifts by teaching them that they are valuable and loved by us and by their Creator.This year, upon the completion of the Talitha Koum Rescue Center, we will be able to give the gifts of shelter, food and safety.

My mother, son, and three friends will be traveling to Kenya in two short days to give the gift of our service to the directors of Spring Valley Academy and HOREC orphanage. Our desire is to make their jobs a little easier as they serve so selflessly. We will be carrying gifts of towels, sheets, medication and school supplies for the future girls of Talitha Koum Rescue Center as well as some other items. It will also be a time to sit with the directors of both SVA and HOREC (as I am on the board of both organizations) and discuss plans for the future.

We want to thank all that have given financial gifts over the last year and those who have given the gifts of time and prayers! We have been able to bless because you have blessed us! We hope that you will continue with us into 2013 as we continue to serve the children of Kenya and beyond!

I will be posting photos on facebook: www.facebook.com/ITHMinc of our trip if you would like to travel via cyberspace with us. And, If you could say a prayer for safety and success on our trip, we would be very grateful.

Many thanks and much love,

Jennifer Phillips Lawrence


Additional photos below
Photos: 43, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Happy boysHappy boys
Happy boys

The children were elated to arrive at school to receive their new shoes!

PreparationPreparation
Preparation

The kids had plastic bags put over their dusty feet to try on the new socks and shoes.












9th January 2013

God bless
Jennifer, Johnny and Jonathon, God bless your obedience. Love, Sandy Swoager

Tot: 0.229s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 55; dbt: 0.081s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb