Planet Safari & Nairobi during The Champions League Final


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Nairobi Province » Nairobi
May 27th 2006
Published: June 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Okay this is me whinging but useful if you ever go to Kenya on Safari

Note on Planet Safari

Do not use Planet Safari (or Planet as they are also known as). Basically I signed up for a safari of a certain quality and level. Unfortunately what we got was the same service as those aying a lot less.

Did they offer a refund, or compensation of any kind? No. They did try to sell me another trip, at an apparently reduced rate. I later found out that the reduced rate was infact above the going rate!

They lied and they are more expensive than their rivals. Use any one but them. Actually Niarobi Backpackers orgaise reasonably cheap safaris...


Any way on with the blog


Nairobi and the European Champions League Final.

I had dropped Alesha off in Momabassa and come back to Nairobi in the space off 24 hours (2 eight hour bus rides!). Next up was a trip to Kilimanjaro after spending one night in Nairobi.

It was the night of the Arsenal v Barcelona game, and the Champions League Final.

The one thing I know about football in Africa is this: You follow either Arsenal, Barcalona, Chelsea or Manchester United. Fanatically.

Nairobi was deserted. Every one was watching the game. I could hear the cheers and shouts from by bed nine floors up. Also the traffic was non existent! (Niarobi is the most over crowded city I have visited so far when it comes too cars!)

Next morngin I was walked down to the bus station for the transfer to Moshi and it was goodbye Kenya, but only for 10 days.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 14; qc: 73; dbt: 0.0781s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb