A Quick One


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Nairobi Province » Nairobi
February 7th 2010
Published: February 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Just a quick one today to let you know that there are now photos for all of the posts that have had them missing. I have found a good quick net connection and have spent the day, and quite a few Kenyan Shillings, uploading. Things should now be up to date and I trust that it will prove to those who wonder that we are all still kicking on.

We are currently in Nairobi and have been here for the last 5 days. Most of the time we spent in the Indaba Camp which is a little out of town on the way to Karen - a pretty flash part of town if the shopping centre is anything to go by. It was a very relaxing time in the camp and we needed a bit of a relax. We moved into a hotel in town yesterday - the Kivi Milimani - which is the joining hotel for the next part of the trip. The Kivi is a nice hotel and is probably the best we have been in for some considerable time. Most things work - although the shower head came off in Pat's hand this morning and it seems to be impossible to get another towel.

The women went off on a shopping expedition this morning after a successful Skype call to the family gathering to welcome Keito to Australia. I hope she enjoys it. I have no idea what will come back but I trust there is enough Kenyan cash in hand to afford something to eat tonight. The souvenirs bag is now full and we don't intend to post until Capetown. Too late now anyway with it being a Sunday and all. I had just become used to Friday shut downs and we have to switch again.

The next leg takes us down into Tanzania and into the Serengeti. This is a highlight of the trip for me. Janet and I have organised to take a balloon ride. Very expensive but what else is money for?

From there we go onto the rest of Tanzania and then on to Zanzibar. I am not sure where this leg finishes but we go onto Malawi, Zambia, Botswana and Namibia before eventually ending up in South Africa. I will post where I can. We now seem to be on the tourist route - there are a lot about, particularly in trucks - so services may get a little better. Then again, this is Africa and anything could happen. We will do our best.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb