Jambo from Samburu


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Nairobi Province » Nairobi
February 1st 2006
Published: February 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Jambo friends and family!

We made it! We are really in Africa, after 19 hours of travel. 31 hours Karl was awake straight.

We landed in Nairobi (nothing to write home about) got up early this morning and headed on north to Samburu. We crossed the Equator from the southern hemisphere, back to the northern hemisphere. We arrived at our lodge (which, by the way, is gorgeous) and headed out on safari (the real thing) an hour later. It was amazing, we had been in the reserve about 3 minutes when we saw Ostriches in the wild. We saw many beautiful birds, antelope, impalas (deer like, with straight horns) and a bunch of others we do not remember the names of. (but we will learn, and will be able to recite them for you when we are home). We were just about to give up on game for the day when Karl caught a glimpse of a lion. We followed it in the van a couple of yards and spotted another. As we began tracking after them, 8 more showed up to play at sunset! It was one of the most amazing experiences of our lives! They sat and played for about 45 minutes while we photographed them!

Check out our gallery!

Stay tuned for tomorrows adventures!

-Julie and Karl xo





Advertisement



1st February 2006

Roar . . . . . .
We await the next installment . . . Can hardly believe the good luck to find all those lions! Watch for the Southern Cross in the night sky.
2nd February 2006

Serena Lodge
Ohh, glad yu made it to the Serena. Its a fine place right on the muddy river and I assume you have also seen the friendly crock who lives in the river. Have a great time. PS: Still in India and having the adventure of a lifetime
2nd February 2006

Photos????
This sounds so wonderful! (How do we see your photo gallery????) Where are we going tomorrow... we can't wait!!!! Start learning those names.. there will be a quiz when you return! Enjoy.....
2nd February 2006

Gallery
How do we check your photo gallery?

Tot: 0.033s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0149s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb