Safari Day!


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Nairobi Province » Nairobi
May 22nd 2007
Published: May 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Busy day today - Nicole and I are going for a quick visit to Tenderfeet today. She wasn’t allowed to come yesterday until I checked everything out. We took another full bag of supplies for the kids and the schools in and Nicole got to meet everyone. They were so happy to meet her since I talked about her so much the day before. I swear Mom it was a quick one hour visit - don’t worry! She had a ball and is very sad to be starting work tomorrow since she will be working everyday until Tuesday, the day we leave. Instead, she relies on my video footage and photos as well as my daily anecdotes of all the goings-on for the day.

Back at the hotel for noon, Nicole’s boss Andrew met us and took us out for a great lunch. He then arranged a private tour of the Nairobi National Park which is a safari of sorts to be sure! It was so incredible to be standing up in a Land Rover watching for wild animals and we were not disappointed. We saw giraffe, impala, water buffalos, baboon, ostriches, crocodile and several other animals I’ve never even heard of. We were out for about 4 hours with the most incredible weather on our side. A perfect day to be sure.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0498s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb