Carnivore and elephants


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Nairobi Province » Nairobi
November 22nd 2006
Published: November 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Out on the townOut on the townOut on the town

More drinking!
We were woken in the early hours by the shrill cry of the burglar alarm. Luckily, it was a false alarm, but it reminded me that security is a serious business in Nairobi. Within two minutes of the alarm going off there were three or four guards checking the premises.

In the morning, Terry drove us out to the elephant orphanage to see the (cute) baby elephants. After that we went for a long, relaxed lunch at the touristy Carnivore restaurant (not a good place to eat if you’re vegetarian).

It’s the ultimate meat-feast. Waiters bring around various meats that have been skewered on a sword and barbecued over an open fire. There was everything from the normal beef, chicken and lamb, to the more unusual crocodile, ostrich and even camel.
The waiters keep bringing you more food until you lower the flag at the centre of the table - as an act of surrender! It was a fun place to go to, but it wasn’t cheap by Nairobi standards.

We went back to Terry and Jo’s house for dinner, an excellent chicken curry, before crashing out by 10pm, as we were both bushed.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.24s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 9; qc: 54; dbt: 0.2047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb