Did You Know


Advertisement
Ghana's flag
Africa » Ghana
December 2nd 2007
Published: December 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

A gift that keeps on giving: Calendars. We need calendars (18months are best). Ghana has changed so very much since we arrived in 1995. But calendars are still hard to come by. Do to the climate and elements here they need to be made with quality paper if they are going to survive the year.
As I will hang them in the classrooms they should not be smaller then 9X9 and have pictures that will somehow educate or introduce the students to life outside of their village. For example; large lakes, mountains, scenery or animals from around the world, etc. When the year is over we will use the pictures to decorate! Plastic covered pocket calendars are also great gifts.

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. I’m sure America, as well as much of the world outside Africa, looks and sounds like Christmas. Ghana hasn’t really stepped into the season yet. They do sell decorations, more and more can be found as the years pass. They also play Christmas music on the radio but not just yet.

**Did you know that an octopus can change his color according to his emotional state. Sounds kind of like the Mood Rings from years ago. It can also change its skin tone from rough to smooth.

Have a Great Week
Christine


Advertisement



Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0681s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb