Last weekend we went to Kokrobite beach for a relaxing weekend...


Advertisement
Ghana's flag
Africa » Ghana » Volta » Ho
April 13th 2010
Published: April 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We got to the beach by lunch time on Saturday after quite a quick journey (only 6hrs). Kokrobite fitted the description in the travel guide well, of being a relaxing beach resort full of volunteers wanting some r&r. We wandered around a little while trying to find a hotel to stay in as we had not booked one before we left. It was easy enough to find one as there was a hotel every 2 meters! After checking in and deciding that Fuzzy could sleep on the mattress on the floor we went to an Italian resuartant for lunch and had a lush pinapple pizza. After lunch we headed for the beach. All along the sand are little shops selling souveneers so we ended up doing quite a lot of shopping! I am now the owner of 4 dresses after having picked 2 up from the tailors on friday and bought another 2 at the beach. Having spent all our money we settled down on the beach.
We decided that lunch was filling enough that all we needed for diner was ice-cream. It took an hour and a half to arrive! not sure what took them so long! One of the hotels has live music each weekend, Saturday night is reggae night! The rastas were out in force! One Rasta called black pepper told us that Rasta stands for Rightous African Standing Tall Alone. Not sure what happens if your a Rasta and not from Africa. Sophie (another volunteer from Ho) persuaded us that it would be a good idea to dance! All was fine until the Rastas decended! We soon ran away to hide in our room!
The next morning we all woke up complaining that we had all had the same dream! We had all thought that there had been someone in our room! Strange. We spent the morning on the beach before having to say goodbye and heading back for Ho.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0179s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb