Last of our Ghana Trip


Advertisement
Ghana's flag
Africa » Ghana » Greater Accra » Accra
June 16th 2006
Published: June 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hey we're back... a little late but what can you say..

Day 7: Thursday: The Pastors preached, teached. This morning and the Ghanians soaked it up. Very receptive. There was about 35 of them. Pastors from all around Ghana. Whether still wasn't good enough to take the children to the beach. We played cards in the afternoon... some neighbor kids came over too.
Day 8: Friday: We went to the School where the orphans are and we put on a chapel for the kids. It went so well. Tris was acting as a person looking for treasure. It was awesome. The children along with the teachers we amazed and loved what we did. Jacqueline preached. (Told the storey of Solomon asking for wisdom) She did so well. Adele did worship, she taught 2 songs with actions from our Sunday School in Canada. It went well they loved it. Great day.
Pastors did the confrence, more people came. They have done well.
Day 9: Saturday: Last day of the conferance. We went to see the Orphans and we didn't have enough time to take them to the beach so Jacqueline and I made bracelts out of ribbons and fake flowers! The girls adored it. We had the boys play a soccer game with the ball and pilons we gave them! It was wonderful. Our hearts were breaking to say good-bye. We will miss the children. We left for Obuasi. It was one long long drive. Once again we felt as though we were driving through a national geographic. It was interesting.
Day 10: Sunday. We did church Adele was sick. She stayed home. (hotel) and the rest of the team went to a new word alive church. one year old. Very exuberant. Beautiful breeze blowing through the room! We love breezes over here! .. We did a second service at 7 that night. Adele came, sick but getting well.. A little uhmmm .. cough cough.. problems. Adele and Tris both did an origonal song for the church they loved it.
Day 11: Monday. Drove to Accra.. What an adventure... About 1:30pm we broke down! For 4 hours. Walked to a village and had a coke. Taught the children some games ... they flocked around us.. about 50 kids. my o my.. We were celeberties. It was great. But we were sweating like pigs! Good experience. We made it to Accra at about 8:00 missed the BlackStars game.. (soccer) Charles was sad.. Had a good nights sleep.
Day 12: Tuesday: Went to the African market. Enjoyed ourselves. it was great. Sweated like pigs again! haha... Mom and i were so happy to shop finally! On the way to the airport we continued to shop.. from the car window.. People walk up to you and have things for you to buy. it was great!
We had a good flight.. 2 close calls with security issues for Adele. But anyways.. good flight.
Add pictures later..

We are now in England!! London.. Mom and I we are so happy and are enjoying ourselves. Living the life! Anyways. We have 4 minutes left on the internet. We will update later. We love you all! * send a message *

Advertisement



16th June 2006

Hey PizzeyLadies
Hey ladies! I just wanted to say, that Im glad you had such a wonderful trip and that everything went well. I hope that you have fun in europe!!! I wish I could be there right now! One day maybe... I have 1.5 mos left of school and I cant wait until I graduate. God is taking really good care of me, and Im so blessed! I will see you guys soon, Im coming over at the end of July for Joel and Anna's wedding!! love you both! MWAH xoxo Whittney

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0476s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb