A Few Good Words


Advertisement
Ghana's flag
Africa » Ghana » Ashanti
June 28th 2008
Published: June 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Following are some excerpts from the book, Honey I Dunked the Kids, by Phil Callaway.

Children are more likely to follow your feet than your lips.

You can give without loving but you can’t love without giving. --Amy Carmichael

Of the seven deadly sins, anger is possibly the most fun. To lick your wounds, to smack your lips over grievances long past, to roll over your tongue the prospect of bitter confrontations still to come, to savor to the last toothsome morsel both the pain you are given and the pain you are giving back - in many ways it is a feast fit for a king. The chief drawback is that what you are wolfing down is yourself. The skeleton at the feast is you. -- Frederick Bueckner - Ouch! That one hurts.

Write injuries in dust, benefits in marble. - Benjamin Franklin
That’s good advice.

Great opportunities come to those who make the most of small ones.

God gives His gifts where He finds the vessel empty enough to receive them. - C.S. Lewis

Marriages are made in heaven, but they are lived on earth. - George P Weiss

Borrowed beliefs have no power. - James Black Ooo that’s good.
Yes, I agree. It’s important to know what you believe in.

Laugh lots, and when you grow old all your wrinkles will be in the right places. Ha, Ha

There is no more influential or powerful role on earth than a mother’s role. - Charles Stanley - Go Moms!!

The private work is the great one and the public work the small. - G.K. Chesterton

These two are my personal favorites:
Joy in living comes from immersion in something one recognizes to be bigger, better, worthier, and more enduring than he himself is. True happiness and true freedom come from squandering one’s self for a purpose. - Carl W. McGeehon.
We all have our place and duty in life don’t we. My place is not yours and your place is not mine.

I really don't get this one but it intrigues me somehow; Every man brings an egg and every one wants an omelet - but without breaking his own egg. That poses a most difficult situation. - Frank Mar
Does it mean, we all want something more without giving something of ourselves?

Kirk and I have a touchy situation this week. Obed now (24yrs old) is one of “our children”. He has been living the “street life” and of course involved in heavy drugs for many years now. He came to us 2wks ago wanting to change. He’s done quite well with everything thus far. Today, Obed told Kirk that he wants to go back on Monday. The three of us will talk more when I return to the village this evening. Obed is a great kid who’s made some really bad decisions. He knows and says he has screwed up. It has taken many years to get him to this low point. Rising above it won’t come over night. I know some of you reading this can personally relate to Obed. Please keep him in your prayers.

Nothing is too difficult for God!
Have a Great Week
Christine & Co


Advertisement



Tot: 0.032s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0182s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb