Do Over


Advertisement
Ghana's flag
Africa » Ghana » Ashanti » Kumasi
August 16th 2012
Published: August 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Portable Traffic LightsPortable Traffic LightsPortable Traffic Lights

What a great idea!
I had a nice, short, informative blog entry all typed up when "blip" off went the electricity. The blog didn't seem long enough to have clicked "save" several times or even one time. Now I have a "Do Over"...

Kirk and I both began our careers as missionaries with and organization called Youth With A Mission (YWAM). We met, married and moved to Ghana under the authority of YWAM/Mercy ships. Once someone is involved with this organization it seems YWAM is forever in your heart.

Kirk is this week's teacher for the Discipleship Training School. DTS is a five month course which emphasizes on your relationship with God. Each week focuses on a different topic. The first three months of lecture are followed by two monthis of outreach, evangelism and humanitarian help. Our being here this week gives us that comfortable feeling of "coming home". We are so priviliged to be a part of YWAM again, even if itis just for a few days.

For the most part, everyday life continues as usual back in Dunkwa. Kirk continues to teach at the bible school. The girls have completed their first year of high school. Kwabena will soon begin
"Boadi" one of my former students "Boadi" one of my former students "Boadi" one of my former students

Better then the mouse traps.
his last year of hight school. Praise will soon begin 3rd grade! I don't think I'm ready for that!

I spread my time between home schooling Praise, learning sign language and helping out at the deaf school. Having "special needs" there are some services that these students are entitled to that they don't yet have i.e. health care and learning/teaching materials. Certainly the are municipality will have a plot or two of land as well as construction materials available for a special needs school. So, we are in the slow process of searching out such helps. Classes are held in three rooms of a four room house. In the evening the calssrooms are transformed into dorm rooms for 24 of the 32 students and their (deaf) teachers. This has been the situation for the past several years. They are ready for a change.

We have had the msot awesome weather for the past three mohths! I wish every one of you had come to visit us this summer. Though it's been very dry for the past few weeks, most evenings it rains and temps are in the mid-upper 70's. The days are always overcast and in the los 80's. We get to throw and extra sheet on the beds at night. Wish you were here!

Christine & Co


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

We were all thereWe were all there
We were all there

Going to the circus was a chance of a lifetime for our kids.


Tot: 0.403s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.2663s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb