Baby Toys


Advertisement
Ethiopia's flag
Africa » Ethiopia » Addis Ababa Region » Addis Ababa
June 9th 2009
Published: June 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

(Ruta writing) Tadas and I delivered baby toys that were given to us to pass onward to the 50-60 babies at the Arat Kilo Child Care Association.

Of course the toys were a huge hit. At first when we displayed all of the toys on the ground, the babies (ages 1-3 years) simply stared in awe. Tadas sat down on the ground and started playing with the toys as if he is a little kid, to the great amusement of the children. They particularly liked the pop toy in which you press the top button and the bottom balls spin. There were squeals of excitement at the turning balls. The stuffed animals and puppets were also very popular, although I got the impression that the children had never seen puppets before.

We also donated baby clothes for the teachers to use as back-up or to give to the very poor mothers. All of the mothers who are eligible to send their babies to this center are extremely poor. We also left lots of hand sanitizer, baby powder, and soap, as well as some school-type of things to hang on the walls.

Thank you for the opportunity to distribute your generous donations!



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0537s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb