Donations: Aleltu rural area


Advertisement
Ethiopia's flag
Africa » Ethiopia » Addis Ababa Region
June 9th 2009
Published: June 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

(Ruta writing) In the previous blog, I listed the numerous organizations who have received donations from our family and friends. In this entry I share pictures from one particular trip to rural areas outside Addis.

The “dilemma” in distributing donations - do we parcel out and donate a few items to each of the 30 schools with which I interact, or do we make a bigger impact in one school? We decided to make small packets of office supplies to donate to about 30 organizations, and then give a larger amount of items to a rural primary school and rural secondary school located about 2 hours away from Addis. These rural schools cannot easily access resources items from other sources.

Pictured here is the distribution of your donations to Aleltu primary school, Aleltu secondary school, and to two youth associations. The Aleltu schools seem well organized and very deserving. These youth associations are community groups that implement anti-HIV/AIDS programs, host life skills training, music, drama, sports, coffee ceremonies, and other activities. The donated items included office supplies, school supplies, teacher guides, school decorations, folders, paper, magazines, books, plays, hand sanitizer, balls, games, and toys. Lastly, we gave some of the donated clothes to the primary school director for further distribution.

We heartily thank you all for your many efforts of donating, collecting, packing, shipping, etc the donations. Your kindness and generosity has truly touched the lives of many. Thank you!



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0698s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb