10 Years of VSO Ethiopia (2)


Advertisement
Ethiopia's flag
Africa » Ethiopia » Addis Ababa Region » Addis Ababa
August 8th 2007
Published: August 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The next part of the celebrations involved a party at the Ethio Millennium traditional restaurant. The idea was that volunteers, who were in Addis, could bring an Ethiopian guest as a way of thanking them for their help. It was a great idea and worked very well. Clare invited Kalkidan, one of the trainers on the course she is organising. Kalkidan came to our house to get ready, and have a pre-party glass of wine, and then stayed the night too. I had invited Tesfaye, my line manager in Robe, but (understandably) as it is a day’s journey, he couldn’t make it.

All the Programme Office staff were there too, including all the guards - two of whom did a skit.

As well as excellent food and wine/beer there was traditional dancing. One of the funniest things was that we ended up sharing the venue with a large group (mainly thickset men with very short hair) from the American military. VSO - dancing, mixing with Ethiopian friends and generally having fun. Americans - sitting watching.

The party finished at 9.00 so Clare, Kalkidan, Bob (Dilla), Julian, Hayliee (his guest), Fiona (Assela), Michelle (Bonga), Clare Wood (VSO PO), Stephen (Assosa) and I went to the Beer Garden for 3 metres of German beer.




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb