Egypt


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt
July 16th 2008
Published: July 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Dear Family & Friends,

Salam! We are safely aboard our Nile Cruise boat just below the high Aswan Dam, which we toured this morning following an EARLY morning flight (we had to get up at 2:45am in Cairo to get to the airport to fly to Aswan). The pyramids yesterday in Cairo were as amazing as everyone says and we can't wait to show you some of our photos from this part of our trip. We even have a photo of Sam and Ken playing baseball in front of the great Cheops pyramid (thanks Sam and Brad A for the idea).

Finding Internet access (that works) has been exceedingly difficult so I am using this medium to communicate with our family in particular to let you all know that we are safe and well. We are not sure we will be able to access our comcast email for some time so be patient if you have written to use using that server.

You don't want to know the seedy back alleys that I had to traverse to find this small place, nor, the language barrior to negotiate the rate---definitely part of the fun and the cultural experience. Yet, I'm going to keep this short.

We head out tomorrow downstream towards Luxor and the valley of the kings stopping along the way to see a variety of ancient temples. We arrive in Tanzania next Monday.

Peace! Ken

Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 23; dbt: 0.023s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb