The 5 Day Nile Cruise


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt
March 30th 2007
Published: March 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

the boatthe boatthe boat

Sister boat of the Nile Plaza
Dan & I just arrived at Aswan after spending 5 days on the Nile Plaza boat on the Nile River. We had many mixed feelings about the cruise as it put us directly on the tourist track, but it was very nice at the same time.

Our visits to the temples were easy. We were shuttled around by oversized air-conditioned buses and our guide had great knowledge about the sites. On the flip side, we always felt like we were rushed and not given enough "free" time to really relax and enjoy the sites as our time schedule was tight.

The food on the boat was very good and every staff member was extremely nice. Nicer than any staff I have ever encountered. The front desk knew your room number almost immediately, we had the same waiter which instantly knew our names even though we forgot his several times, sorry Sal, and every night we would come back from dinner to a turned down bed and some interesting kind of towel art. And I do mean Art. These guys must take classes on this stuff or they are really bored. One night they even made a rather large
towel art Itowel art Itowel art I

Towel Art One
gorilla from a brown blanket which they hung right inside the door to scare people as they entered the rooms. They loved to see the reactions. People would file out from dinner and the towel artists would sit in the hall waiting to see what you thought. It was actually fun to see what they had come up with that night.

Speaking of dinner, we ended up sitting at the same table with the same people every night. We felt very lucky as everyone at our table was very nice and a pleasure to talk to. We got along so well, that we were always the last table to leave the dining room.

The rooms were nice and activities were good. The rooms were of a mid-range hotel quality with good vibrant colors. For activities, they had belly-dancers one night (Dan & I slept), a Galabaya night where we all dressed up in traditional Egyptian outfits, and ping pong all the time. We don't have pictures of the Galabaya night, but a few table members do. However, you'll likely see us sport these new outfits at a costume party sometime in the near future.

This boat was
towel art IItowel art IItowel art II

Towel Art Two
part of the Presidential Nile Cruises fleet and we have included a picture of a sister boat (our boat is right next to it, but looks the same). The boat ride was very smooth, and you could hardly tell you were moving the entire time.

Advertisement



5th April 2007

Towel Art
Your travels sound exciting. Thanks for taking the time to keep us all posted. What was the rationale of the towel? Did Dan have a little time on his hands or is this the presentation of the room? Thanks!
5th April 2007

Gorrilla
I would have loved to see the gorrilla too!

Tot: 0.169s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0735s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb