Edfu & Luxor - Day 4


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Upper Egypt » Luxor
March 21st 2012
Published: April 25th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Since we partied too hard, we skipped the 6:45am wake up call and sightseeing of Edfu temple😞 We had a very lazy morning recovering and then when the group was back, we all went for buffet lunch. Today was a sailing day so everyone just spent the day lounging in the sun and recovering from last night. There was a really funny moment when we were going through these locks and all the locals swarm to the boat and try to sell things to the tourists! Some men were following along beside us in their tiny boats and throwing scarves up to people who were bartering with them. Some of the men were making profain gestures at us and it was weird to see some of the tradings that were going on. Money being thrown from the sun deck down to the men and all...

There was a jewellery shop onboard the boat and local men were taking orders if we wanted to get our own "Carouche" which is a necklace pendant you can get engraved with your name on it in heiroglypics. I got my name on the front and Mark's name on the back. Mark also got a mens ring with his name on it!

We then arrived in Luxor and had a guided tour from Sherif. The sun was setting again so we once again got nice pics here with the different colours. There was a sound and light show optional excursion which only a few people booked but we opted not to as it didnt interest us.

Back to the boat for a late dinner and then had to pack up our stuff as we were leaving the boat in the morning and up super early.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb