In Denial


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Upper Egypt » Luxor
May 31st 2006
Published: March 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

or is that in the Nile? Yea.. thats it.. Just FYI, a lot of people have asked about pictures, and I already have almost 200 of them, but i haven't found a place that will download them for me..

Day 7: Monday, May 29:

We got to sleep in, which was fantastic.. After breakfast we headed down to our felucca, our transportation and accomodation for the next 2 days. It was incredible just to relax and enjoy floating down the Nile. It is interesting because even though we were travelling downstream, we were sailing against the wind, so you have to zigzag across the river. I didn't realize how clean the river is, it is amazing, part of this is because there is not much civizilaztion or industry upstream. We took a swim at our lunch stop, a little chillier than expected. Floating a little while longer, we ended at a "beach" where cattle, buffalo and donkeys hang out. We built our toilet and our fire and just relaxed the night away. The Nubian captains danced and sang for us. Falling asleep under the stars, barely needing a blanket. I did wake up for the sun rise, which was gorgious and quickly feel back asleep.

Day 8: Tuesday, May 30:

On this day, we sailed more down the Nile, all our food was vegitarian and very yummy. We stopped at a temple called Kom Ombo, it was nice and quiet there as the other tourists had already come and gone. More zigzagging down the river left us just a short distance from our drop off point. We made dinner, got my butt kicked in backgammon and fell asleep under the stars again.

Day 9: Wednesday, May 31:

Today, after breakfast, we were dropped off at our minibus that took us to the Edfu temple. It is one of the best preserved temples because it was found under sand less than 200 years ago. Amazing architecture and detail here. a 2 hour convoy to Luxor brought us to the best hotel yet. A shower after two days on the river felt incredible and i dropped off all my laundry to be cleaned.

Tonight is free to relax as tomorrow is a huge day of site seeing, including Valley of the Kings, King Tut;s tomb and the rest of Luxor. We even travel by donkey.. woohoo..

You wont here from me for almost a week. After Luxor we head to Sinai, where we are in huts on the beach for a couple of days and then to St Cathrines and Mt Sinai to travel up Moses steps of repentance.. Once i'm back in Cairo I'll give you all the details and hopefully some pictures, butwe'll see.

Til Then!
~Dave

Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb