Egypt day 11: home from Luxor via Cairo


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Upper Egypt » Luxor
January 27th 2022
Published: August 7th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Early wakeup, with bags out by 6.30am as we were off to the airport early to catch our flight home.

In the morning we flew from Luxor to Cairo. Then there was a wait to change planes and we flew home to Israel. Egypt-Air provided kosher meals on all the flights. Although the final flight was just over an hour long, the airline had obtained full dinner packs for us kosher passengers compared to the simple sandwich served to others. Unfortunately that meant 40 minutes to warm the food, and insufficient time to eat it. Many people including us brought home whatever we could salvage to eat later.

Yesterday on the bus everyone had PCR tests for Covid and all results were negative. But today after landing in Israel, a majority of the group tested positive at Ben Gurion airport. Luckily we were still negative, so our diligence paid off.

Overall we found this a most interesting trip. We especially appreciate the impetus and expertise of Rabbi Berman for his significant Jewish insights, as well as Migo for bringing the ancient Egyptian civilization to life. We also thank Cindy and John for smoothly leading and operating this tour.
.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.199s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1102s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb