The Tank Bangers- A video from around the world, for the world.


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Red Sea » Sharm el-Sheikh
November 17th 2011
Published: November 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

[youtube=cad-VEdZgO0]In December 2011 Shark Attacks hit the news.

Sharks were attacking tourists in Sharm el Sheikh and people fled in fear. Beaches were closed, boats lined up in the bay's stopping people going deeper than there ankles. It was chaos.

Then the revolution hit in January of this year and Egypt's well built up, distinguished tourist industry came crashing down around Mubaraks ears.

Divers stopped visiting, sight see-er's stopping visiting. And a huge majority of Egypt's workers lost their livelihoods. But the country remained strong. Its people didn't give up, they fought for their rights and they are still fighting today.

In Sharm in a little dive centre called Oonas 4 guys came up with an idea to get people back. Make an underwater video featuring four grown men, acting like prats infront of the camera singing along to Bohemian Rhapsody and put it on the internet. People loved it. And the Tank Bangers were born.

The Tank Bangers are now one of the fastest growing marine conservation groups around. We have members all around the world and passionate ones at that.

This video was created in just 3 months, is 2 minutes long and was made by people all over the world.

For the world.
For our Blue Wonder.

Gearing you up for 'Our Blue'
The single.

Raising money for your world.
Your Blue Wonder.

Our Blue will be released in December of this year. 100% of the proceeds are going to Marine Charities, Project aware and the Sea Shepherd being two of them.

So all you need to do is share this video. Share it with your friends, tweet it, blog it, email it to you mum. Share and together we can raise awareness about the marine world!

(This belongs on my travel blog as the video shows clips from around the world, Malaysia, India, Egypt, England, Holland, America, Scotland, Thailand, New Zealand. The world cares out our ocean!)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0795s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb