Thank you Santa!


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Red Sea » Port Ghalib
December 25th 2023
Published: December 28th 2023
Edit Blog Post

What does everyone want in their Christmas stocking?! An early morning wake up and the chance to spend the day with chain-smoking half naked Russians! If your answer is yes, then you’re in the right place!

Santa’s exceptional navigational abilities enabled him to find us here and his delivery partially offset the offence caused by the early start. Breakfast, pick up, some grumpy Russians and before too long we were on the boat with more. Luckily they had endless ciggies to suck down.

But all was not too bad as we headed seawards into the waves towards Samadai reef, or dolphin house, hoping they had not been in touch with their lazier cousins of yesterday. A bit of rocking and rolling, some ciggies and more than our fair share of man boob and we were there.

Some organised chaos somehow found us in the first group to set out and what fortune that we were. The dolphins who had been happily frolicking in A (dolphin only) zone came to see who these newcomers were. They circled us and sidled up to us and generally seemed happy to check us out. But geez, dolphins swim fast! Even with flippers, paddling to keep up with them was exhausting. Not helped by the compulsory life jackets.

But we loved the time we had with them, just watching them chill out and hang together. Our allocated 30 minutes was over too soon and we headed back to the boat for some snacks and a rest before jumping in again for some snorkelling with the fishes and the coral. More spectacular visibility and lots of lovely fish on the drop off. Some frolicking in the sea before we were all back on board for some lunch and the opportunity to enjoy to some more naked flesh.

A rough old ride back to shore but we made it in tact and headed back to the resort for dinner and a well earned bedtime!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0861s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb