Listening to Stories


Advertisement
Congo, Democratic Republic of the's flag
Africa » Congo Democratic Republic » West » Kinshasa
June 12th 2010
Published: June 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Soul sistersSoul sistersSoul sisters

Meeting with Pastors who serve in Kinshasa.
I had the opportunity to meet with 9 Women Pastor's serving here in Kinshasa. We met over the course of three hours and shared about our call to ministry, the joys and challenges of being a Pastor, scriptures and or Bible stories which have encouraged us along the way. Of course there was much laughter and some tears as well ! I was so encouraged by their persistance and faith.

We went to a dinner last night which was held in honor of our family, another missionary who is visiting and a new couple who has come to serve here in Congo. Mom took a bunch of fried caterpillars thinking it was a healthy veggie, it was fun listening to her when she figured it out.

Today we visited the home to which I returned from the hospital as a babe. You'll see the picture of me looking out the window at the Congo River. We did visit a local market which was not easy, very sad. I bought way too many packets of tissues and I couldn't say No to the sweet faces of the Congolese boys. Such a contrast to the market was the symphony of arts which is just in walking distance to the market. Beautiful flowers, paintings and peacocks.

Tomorrow we drive down country to Sona Bata, we'll attend Worship there, I could preach, however my French would not be adequate. I'll bring greetings in English, short and sweet! We'll be down country until Wednesday night, so no blogs until we return to Kinshasa due to limited internet.

We're hoping tonight to find somewhere to watch the USA/ENGLAND World Cup, it is a big deal here in Africa!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



13th June 2010

Love the caterpillar story!
Another chapter in Mom's book. Also love the pix of the women pastors gathered together. Blessings as you travel south. We'll miss your and CE's blogs. Love, Glen

Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0218s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb