Where would one start?


Advertisement
Congo, Democratic Republic of the's flag
Africa » Congo Democratic Republic » West » Kinshasa
June 9th 2010
Published: June 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

At the dress making shopAt the dress making shopAt the dress making shop

My African dress !
Day 2 in Kinshasa has come to an end, this is usually about the time we lose power. My fingers are crossed I can get this blog posted !!

Such mixed emotions with the beautiful people here and being witness to some of the hardships.

I'm staying at the Methodist-Presbyterian Hostel in Kinshasa, it is right across the street from the American school of Kinshasa where my brother Charlie and sister Jeanne attended back in the mid-sixties. I actually have AC in my room and my own bathroom. Of course if the power goes out the AC doesn't work out too well!

You can see by the photos what we've been doing each day.

If you happen to experience traffic on your way to work in America, until you've been to Kinshasa you have no idea what traffic might be!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

MY broMY bro
MY bro

Charlie at a desk at his old school.
ABC Missionaries ABC Missionaries
ABC Missionaries

Bill and Ann Clemmer


10th June 2010

Miss you, African Queen!
Hello, friend. You will look marvelous in your African dress. Can't wait to see it! So glad you have made it to Kinshasa. Hope your parents and Charlie are doing well! Took Hope to her game tonight and so enjoyed being there. Gave her hugs for you and lots of cheering. Your family seems to be doing well although I know they miss you. Tell your family hello! Happy travelling.
10th June 2010

Congo
Great to receive a report with photos from the Congo. I went to the TASOK school (albeit only for months not years) during our last 6 months in the Congo in 1967. Anxious for each new report. We love you and miss you all!
11th June 2010

Thinking of you
Hi, Tricia, Have been thinking of you and imagining your experiences. It breaks your heart to see how little so many have. Stay safe. C

Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0166s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb