Flights home begins tonight


Advertisement
Cameroon's flag
Africa » Cameroon » South » Yaoundé
January 16th 2009
Published: January 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Typing using a French keyboard so difficult to use... will keep it short.

We just traveled 12 hours by van in two separate middle of the night trips to get from Nkambe where the well project was completed to Bamenda and then back to Yaoundé where our flight departs at 2340 hours tonight. Legs 1 & 2 of the 6 leg journey complete. Next up is Brussels, New York, San Francisco, Truckee to Tahoma. I cannot wait to get home. Was an amazing experience, but I am missing John (and Kenya and Webster too) and home where my heart is. That shower at home is going to be the world's greatest.

Travel is somewhat arduous with much heat in the cities, bumpy dirt roads, too much dust, crazy drivers and less energy than on the way out! The group is still getting along fabulously, but we are all exhausted and ready to return.

Successful trip:
1 well complete including concrete surface seal and pad
About 10 to 20 trained in well drilling technique (and all equipment left for future wells)
More than 250 trained in water hygiene education program (and all training materials left for additional workshops)
Water quality monitoring conducted and several community members trained to continue monitoring program
No major injuries or accidents
All in good health
Pictures are awesome and will be coming soon

Much love,
Heather


PS: John ~ I will call when we get back into US. I no longer have access to phone to use for international calls or texting. I LOVE YOU!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0472s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb