VftK - Final Issue


Advertisement
Botswana's flag
Africa » Botswana » South-East » Gaborone
November 1st 2009
Published: November 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Not really a view from the kitchen tonight, more a view from a sofa in Thakeham. Having returned home this morning I thought I'd close out a few loose ends from CWB Botswana 2009.

Final Numbers Tally

After a few recounts and checking of spoilt ballot papers, as returning officer for Botswana, I declare the results as follows:-

Number of child sessions conducted - 1311
Number of coaches trained - 57

Mini World Cup

As reported by Ravi, in comments to previous blogs, the semi-final between Botswana and India was won after midnight by Botswana aftter rain del;ays through the evening.

On Friday night with Pakistan well in control, the game against Zimbabwe was abandoned due to rain. However in the hastily arranged 15 over aside rematch on Saturday afternoon Zimbabwe were victorious and an hour later faced Botswana in the final. Botswana got 189 for 7 in their 30 overs and then bowled out Zimbabwe for 164 to win the Mini World Cup.

Press and other Comments

As we left Botswana there was more coverage of CWB in the press. See the link below.

http://www.mmegi.bw/index.php?sid=8&aid=140&dir=2009/October/Friday30

More significant to us was the note from Evelyn Sakeng - the Head Mistress of Lady Mitchison School who hosted us for our first week in Mochudi. Evelyn and Violet (she of the white stilettos) had travelled down from Mochudi to Ramotswa ( a major journey by public transport in Botswana) to see us before we departed.

And finally a couple of pictures of sleeping giants.........

So now the baton is handed to CWB Kenya and Rwanda - we look forward to hearing about your adventures.


VftK signing off






Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Will finally catches forty winksWill finally catches forty winks
Will finally catches forty winks

Will gets some well deserved rest on Saturday afternoon before heading to the airport - his slumbers were rudely interupted by a wedding party taking photographs !


Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb