Chobe and The Okovango Delta


Advertisement
Botswana's flag
Africa » Botswana » North-West » Chobe National Park
July 16th 2007
Published: September 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Elephants in ChobeElephants in ChobeElephants in Chobe

At one point we could see over a hundred elephants!! Amazing
It started with the ride from the Vicfalls to the boarder!!
We had a nice cab-driver who stopped for us when we saw our first big wildlife! an Giraffe and some Elephants!!
The only way for us was to book a tour so we were picked up at the boarder, driven to the riverside and our boat was waiting for us.

A bit more than 2 hours on the boat brought us back from animalplanet to the nice resort!! We had seen plenty of wildlife, Elephants, Hippo's to many impala's, Buffalo's Crocodiles and lots of birds!!! The game drive afterwards showed us even more!!
Great place Chobe...wanted to stay and relax a bit...but the campgrounds was fully booked the next day..
Got up at 04:30....to make it in time to the only local bus from Kasane to Maun!! Almost full, at 5 o clock in the morning....some others arriving there too...lucky us we were just in time to say we would pay for our big backpacks too...otherwise we ended up waiting another day.
Nice experience...with too many people crammed in a van....sitting uncomfortable for too many hours!!! But thats the local experience and real backpacking!!
We arrived in Maun, the
Running Zebra'sRunning Zebra'sRunning Zebra's

Awesome walking close to these animals
gateway to the Okovango Delta.
There we arranged on over night camptrip with mokoro's (dug out canoes) in the Delta!!
Great trip.....camping in the wild while Elephants crossing the river at night and the walking trips are even better.
On foot we spotted some wildebeast, giraffes and zebra's and a jackal.. amazing to be walking there close to these great animals.
And with te mokoro trip that we took by ourselves we spotted some Elephants aswell!!

After two Great days, back in town....we became lazy...didn't want to spent two days traveling by busses to make it to the Capital so we decided to take a flight to Gaborone! Just a city nothing special just a good point to get to Johannesburg for cheap!!

What we saw in Bots was great.!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Okovango DeltaOkovango Delta
Okovango Delta

Quiet and great place
Sunset in the DeltaSunset in the Delta
Sunset in the Delta

B. E. A. U..T ..Y.. F. U. L. L
Elephants in ChobeElephants in Chobe
Elephants in Chobe

Playing in the water
Mokoro GuideMokoro Guide
Mokoro Guide

Boating us to the campsite for almost three hours....this guy doesn't get tired


Tot: 0.164s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0756s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb