RIHLA #21


Advertisement
Algeria's flag
Africa » Algeria
March 4th 2012
Published: March 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Read the article “Lincoln’s Legacy Fights Modern Slavery” and answer the following questions:
1. According to this article, how is modern slavery different from earlier forms of slavery throughout history?
Modern day slavery is trafficking and being abused. Slaves were mistreated back then, they had dirty clothes, no sleep, no food, and if they didn't listen they would be beaten. Slavery has changed because it use to be just cleaning and doing work rather then being mistreated.

2. Why does this movement against human sex trafficking connect to the legacy of President Lincoln?
This movement against human sex trafficking connects to the legacy of President Lincoln because Lincoln passed the 13th Amendment. The 13th amendment made slavery illegal in the U.S. Which means slavery is still going on today.

3. Describe the Polaris project. What do you think about this project?
The Polaris project is an anti-trafficking organization which helps victims to find solutions. I believe that the Polaris project is a good idea because it will help the victims know they have someone to go to and talk to. Also they can feel more relieved because they won't feel like the only victim out there because theres a lot more people.

4. Do you agree with this article – that human sex trafficking is a form of modern day slavery?
I agree with the article that human sex trafficking is a form of modern day slavery because girls are out there selling their bodies for who owns them and back then it wasn't like that it was all about helping out but now its the same because who ever owns you is using you for there income which is the same thing as slavery.

5. In your opinion, can you think of any other examples of modern day slavery?
People who do work for minimum wage while others are getting paid a lot more to do the same exact work.

6. Additional thoughts/questions?
I think human trafficking is bad because we should all have freedom to do what we want not what others want us to do. I think it's awful if you were a slave to somebody and getting treated poorly. People should have the choice to do what they want.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb