A Garden visit then to the sea at Lynton.


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Devon » Lynton
May 11th 2024
Published: May 17th 2024
Edit Blog Post

What glorious weather. If it goes on much longer there will be a national hosepipe ban. No rain for 3 days ??

No blog for yesterday as we went down to Launceston to visit my sister and spent a lovely day there with her. A really pleasant drive there and back too as the weather is so good and everywhere is filled with the most amazing sudden bloom of wild flowers in the equally suddenly arrived gorgeous sunny weather. Also great for bringing on quite an attack of hay fever. Thank goodness for antihistamine.

Now know that there has been a lot of rain in other parts of the country late Sunday but fortunately not here on us blessed ones in North Devon. We may get a bit tomorrow but counting ourselves very lucky so far.

So Saturday was visit a lovely Devonshire garden day at Marwood Hill Gardens. Beautiful, quite wild, full of bluebells still though the later spring flowers are starting to shoot as well. Managed to only buy two plants in the rather lovely nursery which sells lots of plants you don't come across in local garden centres.

Then up to the coast at Lynton where we were rather delighted to find that there happened to be a Victorian Steam Punk Festival taking place with lots of people in full and wonderful costume. We of course took the cliff railway down to the bottom of the cliff then queued to go back up again. All excellent. Really having a very good time indeed.

I did spend a little time outside the caravan later trying to see if the Northern Lights which had given us a bit of a delight the night before might reappear but no.


Additional photos below
Photos: 41, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 15; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0208s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb