Exploring Woolacombe, Ilfracombe and Hele.


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Devon » Ilfracombe
May 9th 2024
Published: May 17th 2024
Edit Blog Post

Here we are in North Devon. Third holiday of the year as we now work on a do it while you can basis.

We are staying just above Woolacombe at Warcombe Farm Camping Park. Super pitch, all hooked up to water and drainage (and just through a sneaky little gap in the hedge to the very superior toilet block behind ).

We Can see the sea from the pitch though the road to it is steep and narrow. We discovered that yesterday when the satnav missed the turn to the campsite and we took the 'secondary route' back to the campsite from the bottom of the hill in Woolacombe.

If you ever chance to stay here I strongly recommend that you turn round rather than attempt that other little road up from Woolacombe. All I can say is thank goodness there was nothing coming down as we went up with caravan in tow.

Weather is glorious, suddenly summer but Woolacombe beach is soooo enormous that it could never ever be full. It has stunning rock pools. Then via pretty Mortehoe where we stopped for lunch to Ilfracombe where we parked at the harbour.

I can see we are going to end up spending lots on parking as parked in 4 different paid spots today and had to pay separately for each one. Thank goodness for RingGo

One last stop on the way back at Hele Bay, another opportunity for a paddle. The sea water is exceedingly cold so there will be no swimming from me.


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0241s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb