Uruguay!


Advertisement
Uruguay's flag
South America » Uruguay » East » Punta del Este
January 25th 2015
Published: February 1st 2015
Edit Blog Post

After spending 3 weeks eating steak and getting fat, what does one do next? Go to the beach of course!

Uruguay is directly across the bay from BA, so we decided to take a ferry over to Montevideo (the capital) and make our way down to a beach resort called Punta del Este ("PDE"). It is often called the Monaco of South Amercia. Ok, it has tall condominium buildings and one hotel with a casino, but to compare it to Monaco is a stretch. That's like entering a donkey into the Grand National, they are worlds apart!

Don't get me wrong, we had a great time on the beach and I won a bit of money at the casino, and it was exactly what we wanted.

We even managed to find a lovely running route around the peninsula to start preparing for our up coming treks.

I managed to lose my bank card, HSBC true to it's advertising was so helpful providing emergency funds without hassel and sending the replacement card to another branch which we will catch up to eventually.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Fingers in the sandFingers in the sand
Fingers in the sand

Its a sculpture by the beach of the fingers of a hand. I've seen some interesting picutres where the photographer captures the sun between the fingers over looking the water. We didn't have the patience for that, we didnt even cross the road to take a proper picture.


Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 14; qc: 69; dbt: 0.0608s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb