Ferias, Sun and Mercados


Advertisement
Published: June 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -34.8939, -56.1568

We're getting a lot of walking in as we go to these ferias--three so far this weekend. After we got back from this morning's shopping we ate lunch, then walked down to the river--about 10 blocks.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Bob Fixes his ShoeBob Fixes his Shoe
Bob Fixes his Shoe

All the benches in this part of town are painted with bright colors.
Parrots in JailParrots in Jail
Parrots in Jail

This made me sad. These guys were jammed into this cage.
BombillasBombillas
Bombillas

For mate, the national drink.
A HOT day at the beachA HOT day at the beach
A HOT day at the beach

There aren't very many people down here now, but since we've been sitting here we've seen hundreds of people--all in groups of 20 or so, heading for the beach. What else do you do on a hot Sunday afternoon??
Bob Finds a Shady Spot Out of the HeatBob Finds a Shady Spot Out of the Heat
Bob Finds a Shady Spot Out of the Heat

It's a gorgeous hot day here so we took a walk down to the river. Since there's no shade on the beach, we sat in the park. I studied Spanish and he read a book. A nice way to spend an afternoon.


31st May 2010

These are axolotl's they are not fish they are amphibians like frogs.They are related to Salamanders which is their land dwelling cousins.
31st May 2010

Thanks! I really appreciate your comment. I remember now that the guy standing next to me said something about it not being a fish. They're those creatures that are so ugly they're cute. Kind of. ;)

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0237s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb