Montevideo


Advertisement
Published: January 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We made it to Montevideo after a two hour bus ride and came straight back down to earth after seeing our twin bedroom, with a broken bunk bed, one peice of randon furniture and a disused, rotting window shutter facing a very loud main road! The view was nice, but non-stop buses and motor bikes all night made sleep a bit harder than we'd have liked.

We had a little wander around the city and quickly stumbled across beggars alley (I ve never seen anyone move so fast when we accidently dropped a coin)! We didn t have a guide book for Uruguay so ended up running the gauntlet late at night on our way to our hostel and were quite relieved to see some police men even though they were bundelling someone into the back of their car! After talking to the really friendly staff we learned that we were aimlessly walking around a rough neigbourhood that night so we ve learned alot from that experience!

From there our plan was to head to some beaches. They recommened we head off to Punta del Diablo, and although we had no luck finding a hostel via the internet they used their contacts and managed to get us two beds in a mixed dorm hostel about 15 minutes from the main beaches and town centre.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0904s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb