Tumbes Plazas


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Tumbes » Tumbes
June 29th 2010
Published: July 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Main PlazaMain PlazaMain Plaza

Opposite the church, this is the primary social centre, especially on weekends. On sunday its completely packed with people walking or sitting around.
Tumbes has several nice plaza´s, so here´s a couple of the main ones.

The one I call main plaza is quite busy most of the time. People come to walk, talk, play, sit and socialise.

On the left side of the church is the main commercial street, closed to traffic and bustling with vendors and shops. On the right side is a quiet and beautiful avenue with statues and gardens.
Both streets run the length of what I think of the main area of Tumbes, from the main plaza almost to the big Jesus.

The Jeruselum plaza with the big guy is pretty much empty, maybe a bit too far from the main commercial and social zone of Tumbes or perhaps too close to a worse area of town.

Obviously there´s more to Tumbes than this, but these are the main touristy bits.




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Main church of TumbesMain church of Tumbes
Main church of Tumbes

Facing the main plaza, this is a very pretty church
Main church interiorMain church interior
Main church interior

Inside of the church. At no time I have seen this church has it been empty. Sometimes quiet, but always at least 1/2 dozen people.
Inca GodInca God
Inca God

Apparently the big head behind me is an Inca god of some kind. This display is the centrepiece of the main plaza.
Text on the rear of the Inca GodText on the rear of the Inca God
Text on the rear of the Inca God

I don´t know what it says, but if you´re bored, I could email you the original photo so you can translate it if you want :)
Plaza AvenuePlaza Avenue
Plaza Avenue

This well cared for and decorated street runs the length of the main area of Tumbes, from the main plaza almost to the big Jesus.
Big Jesus PlazaBig Jesus Plaza
Big Jesus Plaza

Well, its actually called Jeruselum Plaza, but well, how would you name this place?


Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb