Punta Sal


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Tumbes » Punta Sal
April 3rd 2008
Published: April 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

small friendsmall friendsmall friend

small thingys on the sand
So after travelling for 6 months thru the caribbean, we decided to check out the beaches on the north side of the coast of our own country. We were born here in Piura, but never really lived there except for very often visits to our aunts and cousins during summers while growing up. We had a great time once we arrived to Punta Sal in Tumbes, this beach is just a few minutes away from the famous Máncora, but during the high season,the summer months from Dec. to Mar there is a great difference. No kids beggin, no risk of food poisoning (and I was born with a tough stomach!) and not having to freak out at the barbarity of ppl throwing plastic to the sand and water....
We stayed at a hostel very much like a familly house called
Hua , very friendly and simple place, and cheap too! enjoying morning dives, and a cold beer during the afternoon.
The journey started arriving to Piura, and renting a perfectly nice car at VicusRentaCar, which I intend on never doing again, not because of the company, they were very nice and trustworthy agency, but because we were attacked by a mob of
the only onesthe only onesthe only ones

ohhh the quietness
angry drunk men at máncora that were hitting the car and took money from us, second because at Colán, another very beautiful but extremely crowded beach we got the radio stolen and third because while doing a fast curb a truck let go quite a few bricks that didn't smash our window just for an inch. I just can't handle that amount of stress on vacation.
Órganos and Vichayito were great places too. Very quiet and family like, even tho I was not bothered by any screming children runing wild. So I really wonder why is it that so many nice beaches not far away from máncora, are ever mentioned as vacation points.
I'm thinking maybe because Máncora has pubs, and bars, and a lot of backpackers hang there, at affordable prices? maybe, I didn't find punta sal to be expensive at all, but not crowded, and sometimes people just like crowded.
I felt more unsafe in Piura than at my home city, Lima which is known for being unsafe. So I learned that next time I'm flying straight to Tumbes, and taking a taxi to spend my weeks at Punta Sal.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

the viewthe view
the view

just waking up, and getting and trying to decided between breakfast or a swim


Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0604s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb