Windaid September part 2


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Trujillo
September 24th 2016
Published: October 2nd 2016
Edit Blog Post

image.image.image.

Packing up
The last week of building was very busy as we had been building 3 blades plus two test ones, and we had to finish the rest of the structure for the installation. It involved a lot of metal work and painting and finishing late but it's all good fun to do anyway! We had to pack two full turbines and one extra blade for a replacement, that's a lot to take on the bus !
The weekend before that final week, I met Catherine through a family friend, thank you Arthur Perin, she is here to work for 6 months helping co-operatives in the region to be more environmentally friendly. We went to visit the Chan Chan ruins together which are very interesting but less well preserved than the Huacas de la Luna that I saw last month. That's because they have been exposed for much longer as they were found in the 60s of i remember well.
The weekend before leaving for the community of Playa Blanca, there were a lot of parties going on in the city as they celebrate the start of spring ( yes we are in the Southern Hemisphere). We had a bbq at the house
image.image.image.

Packing up
with some outsider friends of a staff member here which are very nice from Spain so I get to practice my Spanish but mostly my sign language.... And then we went to a reggae concert followed by a more traditional music concert, this was really fun. At the end of the concert, some guys in the crowd picked up their guitars and continued the show in the crowd!
The next day, the festival of la primavera was taking place in the city which a huge parade where anyone and anything can parade really! A bit strange but fun to watch. There were capoeira dancers and also acrobats: one of them lost his shoe as he was doing a series of flips, it fell in the crowd haha, that could have hurt!
I will write about the playa blanca week in another article. The end of September was busy in events and a lot of fun!
Much love xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

image.image.
image.

Last touches
image.image.
image.

Idiot in the room while the paint dries
image.image.
image.

Bbq in the garden
image.image.
image.

Bbq
image.image.
image.

Free Reggae concert in town
image.image.
image.

Selfie time with the new Spanish friends
image.image.
image.

Primavera festival
image.image.
image.

Michael lives on....
image.image.
image.

Primavera festival
image.image.
image.

Chan chan ruins
image.image.
image.

Our guide in the Chan chan ruins


3rd October 2016
image.

Lively
What a lively blog, with all these end of the month events, and the Spring Parade, and the concerts... Makes me feel like traveling overthere. But your blog gives us the impression we are in Peru with you. Hey, what about Nemo? Any News? Love Dad
3rd October 2016
image.

Début du printemps chez toi, continuation de l'été pour nous !
Merci pour ce nouveau récit ma chérie. Les photos sont très sympas et très évocatrices des différentes ambiances qui règnent autour de toi. C'est bon de te savoir heureuse dans ce que tu fais et surtout parmi les gens qui t'entourent. Nous avons été ravis de pouvoir te parler hier et surtout de te voir et de constater que tu as très bonne mine ! :-) Bonne continuation. A mon tour de faire un "petit" récit de notre nouvelle aventure !! ;) :-)

Tot: 0.208s; Tpl: 0.035s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb