Windaid - day 1


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Trujillo
August 1st 2016
Published: August 2nd 2016
Edit Blog Post

I have arrived two days ago in Trujillo and met all the volunteers and permanent workers here, as well as the house that will be mine for the next three months. It is all very exciting!
Today, first day of work was very chilled, we were given an introduction on the association and the work we will do, then we were showed around the city and tante workshop.
I have taken a few photos to give you an idea. First we were shown the seafront which under 10 years ago was a beautiful beach that attracted lots of tourist. The combination of global warming and the construction of a harbour have brought the waves inland and completely destroyed the beach, and reached the homes of people so it is now practically deserted. A big wall of stone keeps being built and rebuilt as the government is not spending the money in a permanent solution to the problem. This is a 20min walk from the house.
The centre is 15min by taxi and is really pretty as you will see on the pictures.
The workshop is located 10min away from the house by car.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



11th August 2016

Go on!
Beautiful photos and nice commentars. Carry on. We follow you day after Days.

Tot: 0.176s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1001s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb